February 26, 2019 Municipal Election (and April 2, 2019 Run-Off Elections, as needed)
Sample ballots for the Feb. 26, 2019 election will be available at chicagoelections.com/info starting in early February.
To Be Elected*
Mayor, City of Chicago
City Clerk, City of Chicago
City Treasurer, City of Chicago
Alderman (one in each of the city's 50 wards)
* If a candidate receives more than 50% of the votes for any office on Feb. 26, that candidate will be elected.
If no candidate receives more than 50% of the votes for any office on Feb. 26, the two candidates for that office who received the most votes on Feb. 26 will appear on the April 2 ballots in a run-off.
Advisory Referenda (only in the precincts and wards where valid petitions were circulated and then submitted)
- Whether to lift ban on rent control in the following precincts:
Precincts 1, 17, 20, 24, 26 and 30 of 1st Ward; Precincts 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 24 and 40 of the 26th Ward; Precincts 11, 15 and 17 of the 45th Ward; and Precincts 8 and 13 of the 50th Ward.
- Whether there should be a Community Benefits Agreement related to the Obama Center in the following precincts:
Precinct 5 of the 5th Ward and Precincts 1, 22 and 23 of the 20th Ward.
- Whether revenue from marijuana legalization should fund neighborhood reinvestment in areas impacted by the war on drugs in the following precincts:
Precincts 5, 23 and 26 of the 6th Ward; Precinct 33 of the 16th Ward; all precincts in the 17th Ward; Precincts 5, 20 and 30 of the 24th Ward; all precincts in the 28th Ward; and Precincts 2, 3, 16, 26 and 28 of the 29th Ward.
- Whether there should be a Community Benefits Agreement related to the El Paseo Trail in the following precincts:
Precincts 15 and 18 of the 12th Ward; Precinct 15 of the 22nd Ward; and Precincts 12 and 23 of the 25th Ward